Roles & Responsibilities :
As a network support engineer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the computer hardware, software, accessories, networking and online Windows & Linux Hosting servers (Web & Mail) that allow organization to function and communicate, both internally and externally, on a daily basis.
Depending on your level of responsibility, tasks may include upgrading the company’s communications infrastructure or installing a new system for specific project requirements. You shall be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the communications, file sharing and general IT resources used by the organization.
You may also need to attend and resolve any issues reported by the client on the ticketing system within the time specified in the SLA.
You also need to ensure the internal networks have the capacity to meet business demands. This can include making sure everyone can log onto the system without it crashing or making sure the network has the capacity to carry multimedia files (certain businesses, such as architects' offices, rely on this in order to function efficiently).
- Attending to all tickets received to our support domain and providing timely resolution based on the contracts that we have executed with the client
- Respond to Customer Enquires and prepare quotations for Webhosting, Google Apps, Email servers etc.
- Check and maintain Online web and mail servers and coordinate with Hosting vendors to manage them.
- Maintain and coordinate with vendor providers for timely resolution
- Installing new software
- Installing new hardware (Windows/Linux servers, printers, computer workstations, etc.) Setting up user accounts, permissions and password
- Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet, and installing antivirus protection
- Fixing network faults
- Network maintenance
- Technical support for people using the network
- Training staff on new systems
- Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
- Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Making sure all IT meets industry standards
- Supervising helpdesk staff
- Any other responsibilities assigned by management from time to time
- Maintain and monitor firewalls to safeguard our network and data.
- Maintain and optimize DNS records to ensure reliable and efficient domain resolution.
- Provide technical support to end-users for Google Workspace-related issues.
Skills & Requirements:
- Good Communication Skills
- Strong problem solving and organizing skills.
- In depth knowledge of networking & connectivity.
- Graduate / Diploma in Computer Science / IT / related field.
- Certifications is a plus.